Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Review: Skinetica Anti-Blemish Lotion

 

I have to admit something. At age 41 (almost 42), I still get acne sometimes. To be personal about it, it is due to a hormonal issue with my IUD. I take such good care of my skin that the only time I get acne is when I have been sick and I have not taken good care of my skin for a while. I might get an inflamed comedone or two. I was very happy to receive this sample from Skinetica, an anti-blemish therapy company in the UK. I looked at the ingredients and was immediately intrigued by it.DSC01674

Acne has always been difficult to treat. Mild to moderate acne can be treated with salicylic acid or some of the alpha-hydroxy acids. But when we are talking severe acne, with cysts under the skin, that is another story. There are therapies that hurt the skin and cause suffering. How about benzoyl peroxide 10%? What about prescription medicines that can cause severe side effects?

Lately there have been a number of new acne therapies that I have come across that are beating out the traditional benzoyl peroxide, sulfur or salicylic acid. There is a new sandalwood therapy that works very well. There are therapies based on light. And now lasers that do work very well but are very expensive.

The problem with benzoyl peroxide is that it bleaches hair and fabrics. It also can cause sensitization after a long exposure to it. Salicylic acid, while great for mild acne, doesn’t begin to touch severe acne. Sulfur is extremely drying.

Skinetica is somewhat different. It doesn’t contain any harsh chemicals and is non-toxic when dry on the skin. It is chemically inert and doesn’t have any detrimental effect on the skin. It works for 12 hours at at time, so you only have to apply it twice a day. It is safe to use and non-allergenic. One of the best things about Skinetica is that it can also be used for dry skin, redness and chapped skin; as it is so soothing.

To use: apply with a cotton pad to the area and let dry. Do not apply on top of makeup or creams, as it will not work. Repeat every 12 hours. It is non-staining and will not discolor clothing, towels or bed sheets.

Skinetica is anti-bacterial. It will work better on inflamed and infected acne blemishes. If you have blackheads or whiteheads, your therapy would best be salicylic acid. Each type of blemish has its own therapy. Please read my blog post on acne blemishes (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/p/even-though-i-often-discuss-makeup-i-am.html).

My favorite thing about Skinetica is that it is non-drying to the skin. I used it on one blemish (sorry, I don’t really get that many) and darned if it didn’t clear it up by the next day. The literature says it soothes, calms and clears. It really does. I was very shocked at how good it is.

Skinetica is available in a 100 ml bottle through www.skinetica.co.uk for 11.29 UK pounds and they accept PayPal.

(This item was given for consideration)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty