Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, May 21, 2013

Review: COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Crème Foundation

COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation

I often feel as if it is a calling for me to review foundations. Because of my extremely light skin tone I have tried sooooooo many of them. I’ve come to learn what differentiates a good foundation from a really bad one.

COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation is another brand new foundation to the somewhat overwhelming color market. I was pleasantly surprised and very excited when I saw it at Walgreens. It has been a long while since COVERGIRL has come out with a foundation. And I don’t think they have really tried a whipped version before. The first thing I noticed is that the only color system it uses is a number system. This really bugs me to no end! No “colors”. Since this is a drugstore foundation there is not a lovely assistant working behind the counter to help discern what matches our skin. So, for me I had to really pay attention to which color is the lightest in the display and pick that one. For others, it is going to be more of a crap shoot. You can look at the bottom of the jar, but it is going to be hard for most to try and determine what color you are! I am always the lightest color in any foundation (if it matches), so I went ahead and searched through the display to make sure I was number 305. I looked at my COVERGIRL Outlast Stay Fabulous 3-in-1 Foundation and it said Ivory, so I know COVERGIRL has used colors in the past. So my only advice is to go to http://www.covergirl.com/face-makeup/foundation-makeup/whipped-cream-foundation, as there is a color chart that matches the numbers there. Another great thing about the website is there are some nice color swatches that look fairly realistic.COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation_inside

Clean Whipped Creme Foundation comes in 10 shades. This foundation promises to give the skin a large boost of moisture without leaving a greasy, shiny finish (read: matte). It is supposed to have a breathable formula that leaves skin looking smooth and natural. The formula is also not supposed to clog pores. Note: there is no sunscreen in this foundation. That is a good thing in a way, because many women want to apply their own sunscreens and not have to worry about whether or not the ones in the foundation are chemical or mineral (often the sunscreen in a foundation doesn’t go higher than SPF 18 and it is usually chemical based).

COVERGIRL Whipped Creme Foundation_swatchBeing a whipped foundation, it is extremely thick. I think it is much thicker than any other whipped/mousse foundations I have ever tried before. To apply, I placed some “dots” of it on my forehead, cheeks, nose and chin, then blended it with my beauty blender sponge. One thing I noticed it that it had a lot of “slip” to it, which could only mean one thing: silicones! I looked at the ingredient list and sure enough, there are four types of silicone ingredients in the product. Bear that in mind when considering this foundation for those of you who do not like silicones or for those who have skins that react badly to them. It blended very easily and although it looked a little yellow at first, ended up being a very nice color for my skin. I was also happy at how heavy the coverage is. This is definitely not a sheer foundation. Clean Whipped Creme Foundation, as mentioned, has a matte finish. That comes in handy this time of year, when even those of us who have dry skin can develop a slight T-Zone during the day. As the day wore on, I checked and I was happy to report that I didn’t have one at all!

COVERCIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation Face

Is this one of my favorites? No. But, I can see myself wearing it on warm days (not sweltering) because of the matte effect and the great coverage. This foundation is a good choice for those who do need some extra coverage without that heavy feeling and who also need a matte foundation. I am just not too happy about the color i.d. system issue. If you feel that you can go online and overcome this, then it would probably be a good choice for you. COVERGIRL Clean Whipped Creme Foundation sells for $8.79 at Walgreens. Every other week or so there is some sort of sale on COVERGIRL, which means you can pick up their LipPerfection Lipcolor too if it is BOGO!

 

4 comments:

  1. It looks really good - great coverage :)

    xx
    www.forevermissvanity.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's too bad, someone had posted a good question, on whether or not they though they could find a match with MAC's NC45-NC50. I looked at both and Classic Tan 360 or Tawny 365 might match but it depends on the undertone. COVERGIRL is limited in this line. They do have a line inspired by Queen Latifah, called Queen. It has a lot of darker skin tones that are great. I have used some of the lip glosses and lipsticks because they are very pigmented. But if MAC fits your tone, stick with it!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty