Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Review: LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation

LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation

After I tried LORAC’s Natural Peformance foundation and loved it so much (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/05/the-stuff-you-needmay-10-2013.html) I decided that I needed to try LORAC’s Breakthrough Performance Foundation too, because it advertises flawless coverage. I love this brand and feel that it is highly underrated. Carol Shaw puts so much thought into her products. The quality is amazing. I am always impressed with everything I purchase from LORAC.

The Breakthrough Performance Foundation is foundation is Oil-Free, SPF 14 and has an SMS Complex that helps to prevent aging. The formula is supposed to leave the skin hydrated, the ingredients also help to smooth the skin and they help to rejuvenate it to make it more radiant. The SMS Complex counteracts the signs of aging by increasing cell turnover, and promoting the skin’s natural ability to produce collagen. When the skin produces more collagen it’s stronger, more radiant and beautiful. All ages and skin types can definitely use this foundation. The sunscreen is a combination of a chemical sunscreen, Octinoxate and a mineral sunscreen, Titanium Dioxide.

The coverage is a sheer-medium to high coverage finish depending on how it is applied. Layer the foundation with a LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation_swatchsponge or a foundation brush for the best coverage. I use a Beautyblender sponge and stipple to obtain the best coverage on my face. One thing I am disappointed in is that it only comes in 7 colors! I use SMS1 (Porcelain-Yellow). The color is good for me, I find that LORAC foundation colors match my skin pretty well. However if you are very dark I think you will be out of luck, this foundation only goes from the very light to the darker medium shades.

 

In the photographs below I am wearing LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation and yes, you can see how very pale I am. I think maybe I need to go for a spray tan! As you can see though, the color match it perfect, which is a rarity. Each time I have used this foundation it has worn very well. I am not surprised, LORAC products are high quality products. I cannot say anything about its anti-aging qualities, that would take having to use it a very long time and I would have to use nothing else but the foundation as my skincare. But, I don’t buy foundation for that. Nor do I buy it for sunscreen. I buy foundation for a couple of reasons: I want the color to match my face, I want it to have variable coverage and I want it to wear all day long if need be. Does this foundation fit those qualifications? Yes, it does.

LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation_photo1LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation_photo2

LORAC Breakthrough Performance Foundation is (1.0 oz./30 ml) $39.00. It is available via www.loraccosmetics.com, www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com, www.beauty.com, SEPHORA stores and Ulta stores. My only gripe is that there are only 7 colors in this foundation, otherwise it is a great score!

 

 

3 comments:

  1. Good review :). It's always so hard for me to find the right foundation and shade for my skin. I like my foundation to have good coverage and to last all day as well and that is not too easy to find :(.
    I'll have to give this one a try now, it looks pretty nice. Is the coverage good enough though? I have a few blemishes and need them covered.
    Also, if you need any help finding the right foundation for your skin type, the coverage you need and the finish you want, check out http://www.beauty.ps/tool/foundation. It gives pretty amazing results and has helped me more than once :).

    Hope you like it

    Xx Lucy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lucy, the coverage is medium, not too heavy. If you need very heavy coverage for blemishes, I wouldn't recommend this one. I think you would do better with Kat VonD Tattoo Lock-It Foundation if you have a lot of blemishes to cover. That stuff is amazing. It has great coverage and LONG wear. Here is the review: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/05/review-kat-vond-lock-it-tattoo.html. I have tried the foundation tool you recommended. I tested it out in beta form. I can't get the page to open for some reason.
      Marie

      Delete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty