Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, July 26, 2013

Review: Urban Decay’s Revolution Lipstick

(Photo courtesy of Urban Decay)

27200_lipstick_obsessed(1)“For Urban Decay this season is ALL about lips. Revolution Lipstick combines intense pigment and creamy shine for a formula that’s unbelievably luxurious. Addictive to apply (and even more addictive to wear), Super creamy formula glides on without dragging or skipping, hugs every curve and gives you a BIG laydown of color. Shades range from gorgeous nudes to bold brights, there are colors for everyone. The Pigment Infusion System™ gives insane pigmentation, super creamy texture, great color dispersion and extended wear. Jojoba oil, cocoa butter and shea butter keep lips super moisturized and incredibly soft. Maxi-Lip™ defines and hydrates lips. (http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2013/07/urban-decay-fall-2013-revolution.html)” That was taken from the press release that Urban Decay sent out discussing their new Revolution Lipstick. I used this because the copy was so good, I couldn’t say anything that wasn’t so much better than what they had put out.

There are 22 shades to choose from. I purchased 6 shades of the new lipstick to try out for myself. I couldn’t wait to try it. It sounded so awesome! The ones I tried out are mainly nudes and one bright shade. Below you will see swatches of the shades I tried with my thoughts on them.

DSC04388 

(shades from left to right: Naked, Naked2, Native, Liar, Lovelight and Streak)

When I saw them on the Urban Decay website, the shades looked a little bit different than how they look in person, which is par for the course with cosmetics. A couple of those colors end up looking very similar. Naked is described as a nude-pink, which is pretty accurate. Naked2 is described as a medium beige-nude, which I agree is fairly accurate. Native is listed as a pale pink, which is also somewhat accurate. I don’t think it as too pale. Liar is listed as a pinky brown-nude. I think it is a little bit hard to describe but that is somewhat accurate. It has some pink. But I don’t think it is nude. Lovelight is described as a pale peachy-pink shimmer and it doesn’t swatch at all like that. It has shimmer in it, but you cannot see it. On it is a lovely color. It swatches very streaky. Streak is listed as a coral-pink and that is accurate. It is a cute color. I love it!

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Streak

(Streak)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Liar

(Liar)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Naked

(Naked)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Lovelight

(Lovelight)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Native

(Native)

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick Naked2

(Naked2)

DSC04405

(I am wearing Streak in this photograph)

I do think there is a good selection of colors. Urban Decay really did do a good job of coming out with colors for everyone. My only problem is that there aren’t enough shimmers. I love shimmers and they only have 2 out of 22 colors. Seriously! Hopefully they will come out with more. The shades are extremely shiny though. They look gorgeous on the lips. The pigmentation is great and it really does only take one pass to get the great color you need to wear throughout the day. I find that it does last a good long time, usually about 6 hours of wear. I know others are getting at least 7 hours too. It depends on how you eat. It goes great over their new 24/7 Glide-On Lip Pencils. I have worn each of the shades I ordered and I plan on ordering more of them!

Urban Decay Revolution Lipstick retails for $22.00 per tube and is available on www.urbandecay.com, www.sephora.com, www.ulta.com, www.beauty.com, SEPHORA stores, and Ulta stores. Like Urban Decay on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/urbandecaycosmetics; Follow them on Twitter: @UrbanDecay; and Follow their Pinterest boards: http://pinterest.com/urbandecay/.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

-

6 comments:

  1. I love the two shades "streak" & "naked" - they are both gorgeous! <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I love both of them too. I they work out for you if you get them.

      Delete
  2. OMG!!! i wanttttt :(
    they look gorgeous.
    i wish we get UD in India

    http://drpoisonivy.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so sorry you don't. Maybe we could work out a special purchase sometime? If you paypal me and I order for you?

      Delete
  3. I havent seen this lipstick before, but the swatches look fab. Will have to check out my local counter xx
    Heroine In Heels

    ReplyDelete
  4. Amazing Post and great content. Thanks for sharing this article.Thanks Again!!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty