Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Saturday, August 31, 2013

Look With Maybelline Fall 2013

Maybelline Fall 2013

I was so excited when I saw the display for Maybelline’s Fall 2013 collection. Maybelline seems to be the leader right now in the drugstore color war. Their products are definitely winning with me at least! I adore the EyeStudio quads, which have a ton of pigment and wear very well. The ColorSensational lipsticks are also great, they have wide range of colors, the pigments are great and the price is always nice. At Walgreens or Rite-Aid you can always find a BOGO 1/2 sale, one week or the next, so obtaining the colors you want is easy. I didn’t buy any of the nail polishes, because the colors didn’t sing to me. They were all solids, no shimmers and very dark.

The theme this Fall is: purple. Find it in plum, bright purple or any other shade. I love purples because it brings out the green in my eyes. Purple is a great color. It looks good on anyone is some fashion. Periwinkle is a shade of purple-blue and is known as the universal color.

DSC05827

(above: EyeStudio quads in Fall Temptation on top left, Autumn Dream on top right and Violet Femme on bottom center)

DSC05831

(MasterSmoky EyeStudio Mechanical Pencil in Golden Fantasy)

DSC05832

(ColorSensational Lip Gloss in Flash of Pink)

DSC05833

(ColorSensational Lipstick in Violet Intrigue)

DSC05834

(ColorSensational Lipstick in Fuchsia Fierce)

Below I have done two looks with the Maybelline Fall 2013 color items that I purchased. The first look is my favorite. It is a mod eye with a glossy lavender lip. I really like this first look. It is hot and now. The purple is bright and so shiny that it just makes my eye glow. Love this! With this kind of eye, eyes are best left a little lighter, so I did a light pink-lavender lip. I used two of the EyeStudio quads for this look. First I used the shimmery dark plum from the Violet Femmes in the crease, then I also used the shimmery brown on the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. From the Autumn Dream quad I used the bright shimmery purple all over the lid and blended up into the crease. Then I used the glittery cream from the same quad under the brow. I used black liquid liner from SEPHORA and Pür Minerals mascara. On my cheeks I used NARS Oasis blush. For my lips I used the Flash of Pink lip gloss.

purple eyes1purple_eyes1DSC05867DSC05868DSC05861

 

This second look is a smoky eye with a bright fuchsia lip. The only thing I really love about this look is the lip. The smoky eye is okay, it’s not my favorite. I do love this lipstick! I used the Fall Temptation quad as the basis. The copper shade in the crease, then I used the dark matte brown shade on the outer edge of the lid and under the eye. The light glittery gold was used under the brow. I took the glittery green shade from Autumn Dream and used it on the lid. The Autumn Dream quad has gorgeous shades! I used the Pür Minerals mascara again (Double Ego, review to come) and a pink blush from the Crown Brush 10 shade pan. On my lips is the ColorSensational Fuchsia Fierce bright pink. Lovely shade!

 

maybelline_fall20131DSC05908maybelline_20132

 

This collection had a lot of items to it that were very nice. I do believe there was at least one or two other eye shadow quads and a few shades of the MasterSmoky pencils. I know that there are a few more shades of lipsticks. I didn’t think to take a pic of the display (I goofed!). It is a nice collection for fall. Very pretty!!!!

 

9 comments:

  1. I love the look of the Autumn Dream quad, lovely colours!
    I really like the first look you created, so pretty. The lipstick in the second look is stunning, too!

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Autumn Dream has the most beautiful, shimmery colors! BTW, you always leave such nice comments!

      Delete
  2. Thanks for the info on the new items. I really like the maybelline eyeshadows - especially those quads - I have some from last fall and they have very good pigment and stay on well - for me anyway.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Those are some of the only eye shadows I like to buy from the drugstore! Maybelline have some great products!

      Delete
  3. Im definitely going to check out these shadows, beautiful colors. I already love many other maybelline products hopefully I like these too:)
    Sara xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Let me know of you end up getting them. Please leave a comment here, if you can!

      Delete
  4. I will have to take a ride to my local rite aid and check out these products!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I found them at Walgreens, but I am sure Rite-Aid will have the whole collection soon.

      Delete
  5. Do try! This is a nice collection for drugstore items!

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty