Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Thursday, August 8, 2013

Review: Hourglass Ambient Powder

hourglass ambient powder

I am a big fan of the Hourglass line. In the past I have reviewed a couple of their foundations, Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (http://bit.ly/15QxVQL) and Veil Fluid Makeup Oil Free SPF 15 (http://bit.ly/1ck0CXt). Their foundations kick butt. They are some of the best I have ever used. When I saw that there were the Ambient Lighting Powders available, I knew I needed to try these!

These are described as being a the perfect finishing powders for makeup. There are six shades that create, capture, diffuse and soften the surrounding light with groundbreaking photoluminescent technology. Each shade is named and chosen for what it does. I tried two of the colors. The colors are: Ethereal (opalescent, soft cool white), Diffused (warm pale yellow), Dim (neutral peach beige), Mood (soft, sheer lavender), Luminous (champagne pearl) and Radiant (golden beige).

Ethereal Light

photo-1

Cool translucent. Opalescent sheer, cool white.

 

 

 

 

Mood Light

photo

Soft, sheer lavender pink.

 

 

 

 

Below I am wearing the Ambient Lighting Powder in these 3 photos. In the 1st and 2nd photo I am wearing Ethereal and in the 3rd I am wearing Mood Light. I use a brush with both of these. You can use a powder puff but you have to be very careful otherwise you can end up with way too much brightness on your face! The best place to apply this powder is above the cheeks, a little on the nose, forehead and a little on the chin. I love that these make the face glow. There is just the right amount of “glow” with the powder (and brush). Ethereal is my favorite by far. Likely because I am so pale. If I were to use some of the other colors they would not work for me because of my coloring. Mood light is nice too but I have to be careful not to use too much of it. I think these are a great addition to the foundation routine if you are looking for something to add a special “glow”. This is better than just about anything else I have tried. It doesn’t give too much if used with a brush and you don’t end up looking like a disco ball or end up looking like an oil slick. I would recommend this for those with normal, dry and very dry skins. If you have combination skin you might want to use some mattifying lotion underneath your foundation first or use the Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation (http://bit.ly/15QxVQL), which is amazing. Ditto for oily skin.

DSC03426DSC03740DSC03689

Love this! It is the perfect way to give some ethereal glow to the skin. Ambient Lighting Powder is available for $45.00 at www.hourglasscosmetics.com, www.sephora.com, SEPHORA stores. Like Hourglass on Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Hourglass-Cosmetics/271503877335; Follow Hourglass on Twitter: @HourglassMakeup; Follow Hourglass on Instagram: http://instagram.com/HourglassMakeup# and subscribe to their videos on YouTube: http://www.youtube.com/hourglasscosmetics.

 

4 comments:

  1. Ethereal looks absolutely stunning on you, it suits your colouring so well! Great review :)

    Jess xo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you very much Jess! I do love how the glow is so natural. It is much better than other luminizing products.

      Delete
  2. It looks great. Really makes your skin look healthy and fresh

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey there!

    I found you on the Blog Hop! This is my first one :-)
    Great blog! I absolutely love all of your posts!

    Laura Xx

    lauraatkin91.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty