Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Friday, December 12, 2014

Get The Look: Sami Gayle at the Exodus Gods and Kings' New York Premiere #SamiGayle #ExodusGodsandKings #butterLONDON

sami gayle gods and kings

 
Katie Jane Hughes, butter LONDON Global Colour Ambassador, breaks down Sami Gayle’s sultry makeup look from the 'Exodus: Gods and Kings' New York Premiere on Sunday, December 7th.

“For the Exodus premiere Sami wore a Haute Hippie dress which she loved as it looked very Audrey Hepburn. We wanted to keep the makeup classic and elegant, but with a twist on the eyes,” says Katie Jane Hughes. 
 

· SKIN: I prepped Sami’s skin using Giorgio Armani Luminous Silk foundation mixed with Laura Mercier Silk Crème to create a velvety medium coverage. Sami has perfect skin, so all I wanted to do was even out the skin tone and brighten. 
 
· EYES: I used WINK Eye Liner in Brown Sugar to line the upper and lower lash lines. To soften the color, I gently went over the deep brown liner with a softer brown – WINK Eye Liner in Twigged. On lids, I used L'Oreal Paris Infallible 24 HR Eye Shadow in 800 Bottomless Java to set the liner. I brightened the eye with WINK Cream Shadow in Treacle in the inner corers and over the middle of the lid to create the illusion of bigger eyes. For Sami’s pointed liner look, I sharpened WINK Eye Pencil in Union Jack Black and lined the inner corners with a V-shape in the waterline. (TIP: Sharpen your liner for each eye. The finer the point, the easier it is to create a flawless eye.) To finish, I applied WINK Mascara in Union Jack Black to lashes and then added individual lashes to create fuller look. 
 
· LIPS: I wanted Sami’s look to be all about the eye, so I chose a soft lip to round the look out. I applied LIPPY Tinted Balm is Toasted Marshmallow to lips – a super moisturizing formula that’s perfect for long wear. 
 
· BROWS: To keep the look natural and fresh, I didn’t fill Sami’s brows in. I used MAC Cosmetics Brow Set in Clear to groom brows upwards. 
 
· CHEEK: I mixed CHEEKY Cream Bronzer in Bit Faker with Laura Mercier Bronzing Gel to blend a custom shade for Sami’s skin tone. I applied gently to the apples of her cheeks and set with Shu Uemura Face Powder Matte  (TIP: Use a cream bronzer or blush for long days and nights. The cream formula lasts longer on skin. Always set with a powder to insure your look stays put.)
 
 












No comments:

Post a Comment

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty