Future Perfect Water-Optional Cleanser
Get More From A Face Cleanser And Spa-like Massage

Saturday, January 3, 2015

I Am THE Makeup Junkie: Best Products of 2014 #IAmTHEMakeupJunkie #2014Bests

I know I’m a little late to the party, but I am giving you a list of my bests/favorites for 2014. These are products that I have reviewed, used and loved for the past year. I am talking lipsticks, shampoos, skincare, the whole enchilada! So sit back, relax and read on for my favorites that I think are at the top of the list! Some of these I never reviewed but tried out. If there are some short links next to the items then I reviewed it. You can then go on to read the review. So here goes the list…



Radical Skincare Age Defying Exfoliating Pads
Best Brands: Radical Skincare/Algenist Skincare/boscia Skincare/Jurlique Skincare. I cannot just leave it to one brand! Radical Skincare has a whole line that is an amazing array of great skincare products that work and work well. This line does its job. I am extremely happy with every product I have ever used from their line. I love their Age Defying Exfoliating Pads and I absolutely adore their Instant Revitalizing Mask (http://seph.me/145qZQL), which is a great way to perk up skin before an evening out or to give skin a boost all day long! This mask is applied then it starts to crackle and pop. When it is done you wash off and wow, skin looks radiant, soft, dewy and is ready for a night out on the town! 
I also love Algenist Skincare. You will see a good number of their products below. The line is a excellent line and I have fallen in love with their products. One of my other favorite lines is boscia skincare, which has some of the best products on the market. I love their cleansers and masks, all of which are definitely some of my favorite products to use. All three of these lines are highly recommended! My other favorite line is Jurlique, which takes a more natural approach to skincare. That line has an amazing array of wonderful items to choose from that are so good. These are the lines that I use on a regular basis and think are of the highest quality when it comes to the best skincare on the market today.

crack hair fix

Best Hair Product: Crack Hair Fix (http://bit.ly/1Bsp2sG) This stuff is amazing. It works on any hair type and is great for styling, heat treated hair, short hair, long hair, etc. I love how it helps my hair look great at any time! Use on any type of hair for any reason. It works for just about anything. Crack is addictive…


CrazySmooth_shampoo_300mlCrazySmooth_condition_250ml
Best Shampoo and Conditioner: ColorProof CrazySmooth Anti-Frizz Shampoo and Conditioner (http://bit.ly/1xqcP8s). I have never had the pleasure of using such great shampoo and conditioner until now. This stuff is amazing. I can use the shampoo by itself and not need any conditioner. Their conditioner is a treat that I need afterwards only to keep the frizz at bay. And believe me, this stuff smooths down my hair like butter! I love this line and think you need to get to a salon that carries it because it is just about the best hair care line I have ever tried.
RadicallySmooth-Frizz


Best Styling Product: ColorProof Radically Smooth Anti-Frizz Serum (http://bit.ly/1xqcP8s). This stuff is great at getting rid of any frizziness that the shampoo and conditioner didn’t tamp down. Just apply to hair and style as usual. It is the perfect way to add smoothness to hair that is a lion’s mane like mine is!


LORAC-Alter-Ego-Group-medium
Best Lipstick: LORAC Alter Ego Lipstick (http://bit.ly/1DfF2zw). I adore these lipsticks. They come in a beautiful array of shades that are highly pigmented and creamy smooth. This is the way matte lipstick should be. I think this is the ultimate in lipstick. I loved these so much I bought ten shades!





pp_lip_cheat_iconic_nude_main
Best Lip Liner: Charlotte Tilbury Lip Cheat in Iconic Nude (http://bit.ly/1DfGCkY). This lip liner is the perfect nude shade. A YLBB color that looks great on just about anyone. Take it and use just above the lip line to make lips look larger for a sexy pout. I love this and think it is one of the best lip liners I have ever used. It is waterproof, smudgeproof and featherproof. Definitely a must in my arsenal. 


NARS Sex Appeal
Best Blush: NARS Blush in Sex Appeal is a beautiful pinky peach shade that works great on just about anyone. It is one of my favorite new blush shades that came out this year. I use it all the time with just about any makeup look. I love this shade and NARS blush especially. I also love Illamasqua blushes, they come in a close second in quality.
Mega-Pro-Palette-opencombo-600x800



Best Eye Shadow Palette: LORAC Mega Pro Palette, which is definitely one of the best palettes of the year. It was a hard choice for me but this is a great palette. 32 brand new shades of gorgeous eye shadows that go with anything. It sold out quick and with good reason, these eye shadows have great pigmentation, are creamy and last forever. They also have little to no fallout. I love LORAC eye shadows! This company is on par with just about any other for the best eye shadows in the cosmetics business. 


get BIG! lashes volume curl mascaraloreal voluminous miss mangalash sensational










Best Mascaras: essence Get BIG! Lashes, Volume Curl Mascara(http://bit.ly/1Bi4apX), L’OrĂ©al Voluminous Miss Manga and Maybelline Lash Sensational Mascara. I am putting all three here because I could not decide which I liked more. These are all very nice. With all three of these you get a wide eyed fan effect. They don’t clump either and look good on lower lashes too. All of these have good prices and are available at either mass market retailers or at Ulta. 

calligraphink_eyeliner_packshot_r

Best Liquid Eyeliner: Shu Uemura Calligraph Ink Liquid Liner is the perfect liquid eyeliner. It goes on with a light full stroke and has great coverage. It goes on a deep black shade that can be thick or thin, depending on how you want it. It flicks on the end of the eye to make a nice wing quite easily. I love how it draws on so fine and quickly that you would think this is just about the easiest way to get liquid liner on and you would be right! The cartridge is sold separately and can be purchased as a refill, which is nice. I think this is just about the perfect liquid liner every made.


Color-Elixir-signature-scarlet
Best Lip Gloss: Maybelline Color Elixir (http://bit.ly/14kqPWC). I found some of these in the Dare To Go Nude Collection and fell in love with them. Technically they are listed at lip colors not lip gloss but I view them more as lip gloss, since they are very shiny. I love how pigmented they are and how nice they wear. Beautiful color, wear and shine. How could you ask for more?




Best Foundations: Well, this is a toss up for me, as I fancy myself to bediorskin star somewhat of a foundation queen. It was hard to pick but I found two that I really loved this year. I am Nude-Dream Wonder Foundation-Packgoing to give you two to try out. Maybelline Dream Wonder and Diorskin Star Studio Makeup. This way you get a high end and a low end to try out. Dream Wonder comes in 12 shades, has a medium to full coverage and fuses with skin to show nothing but perfection. This foundation is very light and airy and upon application just disappears into skin.  Diorskin Star Studio Makeup also has medium to full coverage but gives skin a beautiful glow. It comes in 14 shades and has a SPF 30, weightless feel and is inspired by the illuminating techniques of makeup artists. 



Foundation Primer_Radiance on White
pp-wonderglowBest Foundation Primers: Laura Mercier Radiance Primer (http://bit.ly/1hl1a20) is a nice addition to the original line up that Laura Mercier has. It adds gorgeous glow to the skin. Use alone under makeup or add to foundation to give foundation an added glow. This gel primer has a universal pearl tint that leaves makeup looking fresh the entire day. Vitamins are added to combat free radicals. Charlotte Tilbury Wonder Glow (http://bit.ly/1rP1a2j) is another product that I think works wonders. It is a primer or shimmer product that you can use instead of foundation, prior to foundation or mixed with foundation. It adds a beautiful, ethereal glow to skin that makes it look radiant and lovely throughout the day. I love this product too, so I added it in with my favorite primers because I could not decide on which was better. I think that primers are an integral part of the makeup regimen and should be used over moisturizers for those with normal to dry skin or possibly instead of moisturizers if you have extremely oily skin. Primers can work wonders to keep foundation looking fresh all day long.


Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum
Best Serums: Algenist Targeted Age Correcting Serum (http://bit.ly/1F05AJG). philosophy time in a bottleAlguronic acid in this serum is the targeted ingredient that helps decrease melanin production to fight off the signs of aging such as dark spots and age spots. Skin texture is refined with Vitamin C and oligopeptide. philosophy Time In A Bottle is another great product because it not only gets rid of the signs of aging that have already appeared, it gets rid of the signs of aging that have YET to appear! It also helps to prevent further aging. This is a great product that is an all-around anti-aging miracle! I have tried samples of this and have noticed a slight difference in just a few days of use. I am hoping to be able to try a full sample of this at one point to see if I can notice a huge difference. But, from what I have heard about it, this is a great product that delivers fabulous results. I also like 1:10 Skincare's Timeless Infusion (http://bit.ly/1mYeIVI). This product is great for me because it helps fade acne lesions, diminishes fine lines, wrinkles and softens skin. That is a big deal because at my age acne scars don't fade. This serum actually works in as little as one week!


Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil
Best Facial Oil: Algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Repairing Oil (http://bit.ly/1v9pRb6). This is an advanced oil that is a powerful antiaging serum with the unique experience of an oil. It absorbs quickly and is non-greasy. Skin is instantly replenished with essential moisture while it appearance is repaired. Fine lines and wrinkles are decreased. Microalgae is combined with ceramides to restore elasticity and skin looks firmer, more supple and radiant.






Best Facial Treatment: Illumask for Acne and Anti-Aging. I tried both of these and found them illumask acne therapyto work. I was having some acne issues during the summer and that is when I tried the acne version. The masks are used daily for 15 minutes a day. You just lie back turn it on and enjoy. They can be worn while reading, watching TV or taking a nap. Illumasks use light therapy to help get rid of acne and signs of aging. I definitely liked the acne version. The anti-aging version was not as noticeable for me but I only have minimal signs of aging that I am fighting off at the moment.


algenist Advanced Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser
Purifying and Replenishing Cleanser webBest Cleansers: Algenist Ultimate Anti-Aging Melting Cleanser is a luxurious melting cleanser that takes of all of your makeup and offers the anti-aging benefits of alguronic acid and Microalgae oil to visibly replenish and smooth skin. All of the makeup, impurities and dirt are whisked away leaving skin feeling clean and ready for treatments. Upon contact with water this oil turns into a milky emulsion that can easily be washed away. The Algenist Purifying & Replenishing Cleanser (http://bit.ly/1rA17k9) is a multitasking cleanser that removes makeup in one step and leaves skin purified. It has a patented Microalgae-Oil based formula that replenishes, softens and balances skin.






Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating PowderBest Exfoliant: boscia Tsubaki Oil-Infused Exfoliating Powder (http://bit.ly/105MXAX) is a new powder by which you can control how much exfoliation you can have. Using the power of Tsubaki oil (camellia oil), this powder can give a lot of exfoliation or a little bit depending on how much water is used. It contains rice bran powder and ground adzuki beans to give a thorough exfoliation of the skin. Use daily or as needed, it is very gentle to the skin. This powder gets rid of debris that clogs up the pores (follicles) and dead skin to leave skin feeling soft and wonderfully pretty. 


Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask
Best Mask: Radical Skincare Instant Revitalizing Mask (http://seph.me/145qZQL), that gives skin an instant radiant glow and makes it perfect for a night out. This mask is perks skin up and makes it glow like nothing else I have seen. It is even better than Clarins’ Baume Eclat. I use it right before an event or before I go out with my husband so that I look my best. Skin will look ethereal and perfect. It even glows through foundation to look absolutely gorgeous.


time in a bottle for eyes
Best Eye Cream: philosophy Time in a Bottle for Eyes is an age defying serum for eyes that not only fights the signs of aging already showing, it fights the signs of aging yet to come. It brightens, tightens and smoothes the appearance of the eyes. A DNA renewal complex promotes skins natural renewal and protection process while a patented antioxidant repair complex provides powerful antioxidant protection. Vitamin C and camosine peptide prevent and correct the appearance of multiple signs of aging. 

philosophy miracle worker overnight
Best Moisturizers: philosophy Miracle Worker Overnight is an anti-wrinkle moisturizer that works at night to rejuvenate the skin and visibly reduce wrinkles, fine lines and signs of aging. It features an age-resetting complex and a rare marine algae extract, powerful peptides and Vitamin C to support natural collagen. I have been using this for months now off and on and I always notice a difference when I use this cream. I wake up looking refreshed and skin feels younger, softer and much smoother. I also love the Jurlique Nutri-Define Rejuvenating Overnight Cream (http://bit.ly/1rQ8TgC) which is a great moisturizer for those with aging skin. It helps to counteract the signs of aging, such as sagging, fine lines and wrinkles as well as to firm the skin. Jurlique uses a Biosome5 complex of botanical extracts in the Nutri-Define line that works to help reverse the the signs of aging in the skin.







Foreo Luna
Best Product: The Foreo Luna (http://seph.me/1xFzkoB) changed the way we thought about cleansing skin. I tried this baby out and decided it was a great way to cleanse my skin. First off, you never need to change any heads. Next, it is so gentle it can be used in the eye area without fear. And it has a setting for anti-aging too. The silicone on it will never wear out. It uses sonic pulses to clear out debris from the pores (follicles) and gives skin a great cleansing without any harshness. It is very gentle and can be used with any cleanser. It reduces the This device can also reduce the appearance of fine lines and wrinkles. The LUNA removes dead skin cells and unclogs pores of dirt, oil, and makeup residue, while enhancing the absorption of your favorite skincare products. Best of all, it comes with a 2-year warranty!
. 

Well, there you have it. The list for my best products of 2014. Now, these are just a few of the items that I may have reviewed or tried out and loved. I have many more products but just could not put them all in the list. 2014 was a great year for beauty. I reviewed many products that are so good. And some that are okay. If I did not review a product then it is likely I did not like the product! I will sometimes get some items and if they are not very good then I don’t do reviews of them. I try to only post positive reviews if I can. I hope 2015 is a good year for beauty too!
 
Until Next Time~
 
Marie Papachatzis
 
I Am THE Makeup Junkie
 

Technorati Tags: ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,
proprietary, organic-compliant, copper-based process - See more at: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-110-skincares-timeless-infusion.html#sthash.kl2dbogA.dpuf
proprietary, organic-compliant, copper-based process - See more at: http://iamthemakeupjunkie.blogspot.com/2014/04/review-110-skincares-timeless-infusion.html#sthash.kl2dbogA.dpuf



1 comment:

  1. Great list Marie. Looks like I have some shopping to do :-)

    ReplyDelete

Featured Post

Review: SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm #SEPHORA #PROPaletteinWarm

(product photo courtesy of www.sephora,com )  SEPHORA PRO Palette in Warm $68.00 This deluxe eyeshadow palette with 38 warm color...

Girl Up

KVD Vegan Beauty